You Knit What??

Seriously. What the hell were you thinking?

Monday, August 01, 2005

Hats off to you, my friend.

Ok. Now, I'm admitting that I'm not the best judge of what's ugly when it comes to hats because I like quirky hats. I live in a town that has brutal winters and everyone wears hats. Everyone generally wears either a long wool coat (usually black) or a long black down parka (like myself), and so the only way to flash your individual style is to rock a hat. And me? I like my hats quirky.

I wear these two hats regularly:


(the kitty eared one)









(Only mine is knit up with a multicolored yarn - grey, pink and purple)






And if I had a kid, I'd put her in this. (If she liked it and I hope she'd be her mother's daughter and love it as much as I do). And yes, a few of you have recommended it for our little hall of shame here, but I'm sorry. I'm having a moment of weakness. -hangs head in shame-




But this?! This is ridiculous. And coming from me? That's saying a lot. And what makes it more ridiculous (I mean, aside from the mohawk-tasticness of the fringe? The fact that she's wearing it with a frickin' bed sheet.)

Charming.