You Knit What??

Seriously. What the hell were you thinking?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane, part 2

Hi everyone:

Gee, having your thoughts in the blogosphere really brings out...emotion, huh?

Anyhow, let me explain, before we get any further hate mail.

1. I have friends in New Orleans who probably lost their house. I hope they're ok, we haven't heard from them. So no, I am not making light of anyone's loss.

2. When the evacuation notices were coming out, I thought to myself (which I'm sure a lot of us did) what I would take with me. Cats, definitely. Wedding photos. Probably my husband. I would most likely have to leave my yarn stash, which would really upset me. Maybe that makes me shallow, but I think you hard core knitters out there can relate. I would also be very sad to lose my hard-earned hand-made items. And it made me laugh at my own weird self, picturing me stuffing my car full of yarn and cats and what a complete dork I am.

3. I regularly read a lot of other knitblogs, and guess what? I didn't see a single mention of the hurricane at all. Just business as usual. So who's the insensitive one?

So, that's the story. If you want to be mad, hey, go for it.

P.S. to "Miso Vera Horneigh"---come up with a better nom de blog before ripping on others. Really Not Clever.