You Knit What??

Seriously. What the hell were you thinking?

Monday, November 21, 2005

Mmm, lumpy

This has the potential to be such a pretty (if a bit impractical) sweater... but good gawd, look at what it does to this poor chick's boobs.

I mean, did they think people just wouldn't notice?

Edited to add: Ok, I'm not ridiculing her breasts, people. They're really quite lovely. -rolls eyes- I'm not mandating that all chicks everywhere must wear bras because honestly, I hate having to wear one most days. What I am getting at is that if you, as a knitwear manufacturer/designer, are going to sell me a top, you should show it in such a way that makes it desirable. I look at this (and all snark aside here. I'm being earnest, so mark it on the calendar or something) I look at this and I think that there's no way I would make this. Look at how lumpy and ill fitting it is on the model. If it looks that crappy on her, it's going to look a hundred times crappier on me, because I don't have a staff of people on hand whose specific purpose is to make me look good, as one would, theoretically, at a photo shoot. It's not a judgment of her, she's just there to wear the thing and cash a check, right? It's a judgment of the manufacturer who thinks that they don't even have to make an effort to make things look good because knitters are dopes (and blind, apparently) and they'll buy anything. Erm, rant over.