You Knit What??

Seriously. What the hell were you thinking?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tonight we're gonna party like it's....1990?

For some reason, this picture reminds me of "Gypsy Woman" by Crystal Waters. Any of you out there old enough to remember this one? (La da di, la di da......)

"The winds are blowing every morning
just to do your hair nowcause she cares you all
her day oh wouldn't be right
without her make up
she's never had a make up
she's just like you and me
but she's homeless, she's homeless
as she stands there singing for money.In my sleep I see her begging
reaching police
although her body is not mine
I ask now I do (now I do)she's just like you and me
but she's homeless, she's homeless
as she stands there singing for money."

And please, don't hate on me for thinking she looks homeless because the model is African-American. The same model looks quite lovely in some other designs in this issue of Vogue Knitting. However, this combo, no matter the ethnicity of the model, would make ANYONE look homeless. It's just that bad. (Why is she only wearing one glove? And if it's cold enough for a sweater and hat, why nothing on her legs???)

And.....bonus points if you remember the "In Living Color" parody of this video.